Reception in Madrid

On January 16, 2017 I landed in Madrid-Barajas Airport where I met other students and representatives from API Study Abroad. From there we went to the Hotel Regina which was centrally located between all of Madrid's main tourist attractions, all within walking distance. It seemed unreal at the time that I had actually started such an influential chapter not only in my educational career but also in my life. 

This picture to the left was taken in Plaza Mayor, one of Europe's most famous plazas. It was absolutely gorgeous, I still couldn't believe that I was actually there!

After a couple of days of sightseeing, meetings, and safety seminars in Madrid we left for our next stop Toledo! Along the way, about 30 minutes outside Madrid, we stopped at El Escorial. El Escorial is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and served as the Royal Palace and necropolis for Spanish royalty for over 500 years. The views from the buildings were breathtaking and its a shame we only got to spend a few hours there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment